Quality Management System
Baltiysky Zavod developed and implemented the Quality Management System in conformity with the require-ments of Russian GOST R ISO 9001-2008 and GOST RV 15.0025-2003 standards, which was acknowledged by the Petrocert association of the Oboroncertifica national classification system. It confirms the high quality of design and construction of ships and machine building items.
Under a separate agreement made in November 2012, Baltiysky Zavod was subjected to the quality management system audit by Bureau Veritas Certification for compliance with the requirements of ISO 9001:2008.
The metrology laboratory of the shipyard is certified for carrying out inspections and calibration of measuring gauges and instruments. The shipyard central labo¬ratory equipment is certified for compliance with the national standards. Its technical competence is confirmed by certificates issued by the leading classifi¬cation societies. Most production facilities are recognized by Russian Maritime Register of Shipping and Rus¬sian River Register.
Baltiysky Zavod has more than 25 licences in its core business activities, including the following:
- Licence of Federal Service for Defence Contracts for elaboration, manufacturing, testing, installation, technical maintenance, repairs, disposal of weapons and military equipment;
- Licence of The Federal Service for Supervision of Consumer Rights Protection and Human Well-Being (Rospotrebnadzor) for activities involving ionizing radiation sources;
- Licence of the Federal Service for Ecological, Technological and Nuclear Supervision for utilization of explosive and flammable industrial facilities;
- A number of licences of the Federal Service for Ecological, Technological and Nuclear Supervision for manufacturing of equipment for nuclear stations and icebreakers and for usage of radiation source;
- Licence of the State Nuclear Energy Corporation “Rosatom” for activities involving nuclear materials and radioactive substances when using nuclear power for defence purpose.